Choosing the Best Modern ERP Platform
Modern Businesses Need Cloud ERP Platform Technology
A Cloud ERP software platform enables you to manage your workforce, finances, customer relationships, supply chain, and more from one place. But don’t choose software that’s built on outdated technology. Here’s how to find a solution that’s designed to provide anywhere, anytime access for today’s mobile workforce.
Businesses selecting ERP business software often focus on the cost and functionality of the software they’re evaluating. Although the functional fit of software to current business processes is important, the ability of the software to adapt to future business growth can be just as vital when you consider how much it would cost to upgrade or replace your ERP after only two or three years. Much of that future adaptability depends on the technology platform on which the business management software is built.
The widespread use of eCommerce and mobile apps has driven ERP and CRM vendors to add those capabilities to their applications. Unfortunately, legacy ERP platforms often can’t easily adapt to these new requirements. For some legacy providers, their solution is to offer cumbersome add-ons, sometimes with standalone databases. Others respond by taking old, legacy applications and adding additional software to the front end to make their outdated software appear to be a cloud platform.
And some vendors create hard-coded interfaces that break instantly when one of the two systems is upgraded. None of these are efficient, long-term solutions. A true cloud and mobile system is designed differently than a typical legacy client/server system.
A Modern Business System
The architecture of today’s modern business system combines the three important areas for an ERP evaluation: User Experience, Application Functionality and ERP Technology.
Get anywhere, anytime access and the ability to view and interact with every page of the application on any device that has a browser. Your next ERP should offer:
- Customizable views and dashboards, so every user can set their preferences in the user interface
- Flexible reporting and business intelligence capabilities as standard features
- Role-based permissions to allow access to specific fields or entire applications, depending on the role of the user
- Time-saving features such as improved keyword search, data entry with suggestions and auto-complete, drag-and-drop functionality, and real-time connectivity with Excel
Use one database with real-time integrated processes to ensure data accuracy (such as merging ERP and CRM in a single system). Your ERP platform should offer:
- Embedded user-defined workflow processes, such as approvals, to be routed automatically
- Optional industry-specific product extensions to enhance base functionality
- Integration with other software solutions through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that do not change with every release
- Global capabilities, including multi-company, multi-language, and multi-currency support
- Auditablity, with an electronic record of transaction activity
xRP Platform Technology
Look for a true cloud solution that doesn’t require any software to be installed on your device. Although your solution is built for the cloud, it should also be able to run on your local servers. Your platform should offer:
- The ability to add users, including customers or partners, without having to buy additional user licenses or install software on their devices
- Ease of future development because it is built with common Microsoft tools
Ordertrak leverages the world’s best Cloud ERP Platform, Acumatica xRP to deliver a suite of fully integrated business management applications, Financials, Distribution, CRM, Manufacturing, Service Management, Project Accounting, and Business Intelligence.
The xRP platform is a scalable infrastructure of core components that run in the background so you can focus your attention on workflows, productivity, and business logic—not technology. Because Acumaticas Cloud xRP platform uses standard web technologies and development languages, you can modify your business logic using the platform tools, or the separate integrated development environment.